<  General  ~  Hunter's rejoice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:36 am
User avatarSite AdminPosts: 2870Location: Toronto, OntarioJoined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:49 pm
First off, you got your bow:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/images/news ... ongbow.jpg

And, a giant fuck you hunters for getting this:

Hunter's ranged attacks min range is now 1 yard.

I can no long stay alive for a precious few more seconds by running into you over and over. Ugh...they're really going to tear me to pieces even more easily now.

Ithilas (Undead Mage) - 80
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:43 am
Site AdminPosts: 1351Location: Toronto, ONJoined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:34 pm
1..?!?

They should double their max range while they're at it. And hell, why not increase their melee combat range by 30% or so? Oh, and let's give Hunter pets a ranged attack. Maybe some sort of shoulder mounted laser cannon? It could be an Engineering item.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:53 am
User avatarSite AdminPosts: 2870Location: Toronto, OntarioJoined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:49 pm
What is the current live min range? Cause they had already reduced whatever it was to 5 yrds, which I thought seemed fair enough.

I think maybe it would be more fair or something if the DMG associated with any ranged ability was reduced when it's super close range. IE, the special effects can still go off fine or whatever, but reduce the dmg or something. Ugh...it's so hard to deal with a hunter now with the damned pet putting out so much spell pushback and you guys having a genuine silence effect, not an interrupt.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:51 am
User avatarSite AdminPosts: 13544Location: OntarioJoined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:20 am
Bow = Sweetness, we're really goign to have to turn it up a notch to get to 1850 tho. A personal rating of that seems insane, from what I understand about that it's an average of all your arena teams?

The range thing sounds gay as fuck. Just let me finish off the shot that I began when you come into my deadzone.....

Mages will be totally fucked now fighting a hunter...infact I believe hunters will be the first thing people kill in arena fights now.

However in PvE I will now never have LoS/range problems which will be the sweetness

I believe MAX is 43 yards, so you're looking at what 38 yards normal?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:09 pm
Wait sorry, you had to be 38 yards away from your target currently to hit them?

Also, random reading today led me to stumble upon the idea that hunter/priest combo is apparently very deadly.

The strategy is largely based around the notion of burning the healer's mana down to nothing while otherwise keeping me alive. :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:12 pm
User avatarSite AdminPosts: 13544Location: OntarioJoined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:20 am
Doesn't surprise me, we're pretty good as a team as long as I don't space out or we get fear kited to all hell.

Hrmmm...I think it is 41 the more I think about it. My current range is the max I can get. I can't exactly remember things right now, once I get some more time I'll check it out. But the hurt will be brought down quickly and quite easily by our current 2v2 combo. I already have the honor/arena points to upgrade my bow, and get the new hunter arena weapon to help us out come 2.3 I'm just wondering if I'm going to need to temp drop my 3v3 nd 5v5 in order to achieve the personal 1850 for the bow.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:43 pm
Hrm..yeah, I really wonder how this whole personal rating thing will work. I'd definitely be interested in maybe buying the weapon for this season as I think it'll be over a 100 +healing bonus.

Yeah, we do well, I have to remember if a lock is fear kiting you, to dispel you, cause I think death coil's fear effect is removable.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:45 pm
They just need to change the duration of fear or make it so that you take damage it disappears, much like trap effects. But after all the crap that is going to happen to hunters, I can't see locks getting nerfed.....We as a team are going to be devistating, MORTAL SHOT! All I need is 3 seconds

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:46 pm
With mortal shot healers will no longer be able to out heal my dps, SWEET

Offline Profile