<  General  ~  Diablo 3.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:13 am
User avatarPosts: 3024Location: Winnipeg.MBJoined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:54 pm
Obama wrote:
1. Melee can easily survive the later acts, the thing is they do require a lot of high end gear that is available in each previous act. It's not gonna be immediate, but ask Instafire who has put in a ton of effort to make it easily possible to survive anything in act 1,2, some of 3.

2. I do agree that there is no point for legendaries and set pieces to be vastly inferior to rares, but I also learned that those are only a majority of the legendaries/set items. The stats on them are randomized, so it's like looking for a random item with the random stats you really want. Still worth getting once you find those pieces.

3. I greatly disagree with this, in fact there are many barbarians who are using a life regen in combat build by stacking life on hit, life steal spells, and health globe gain as well as attack speed and vitality to sustain 15k regen a second, making surviving anything in act 1/2/3 easy. (Aside from those shitty combos of elites/rares, but those are a pain for everyone.)

4. It's been stated that you have to farm the previous acts if you're not geared enough for the next one. I've found quite a bit of 800+ damage weapons from act 2 as well as a ton of armor that I use and have given bits to Insta/Azrael over time. It has only been out a week, and a lot of items haven't dropped yet for everyone.

Overall, I do agree that it is a bit rough and brutal for the melee who have to put in a lot more effort as compared to you or I who it seems only need a decent weapon and kiting to kill everything. I do expect a few changes to fix a bit of it, but hopefully not all of it because it's not going to be fun if someone can take a character from level 1 to 60 in a week and beat inferno diablo.

This is by no means an argumentative post, but only stating opposing views on the points you listed to give more insight to those who may/may not be at the top level.

Where as range can go in with blues and clear the acts, And we have to spend weeks farming if we are unlucky or get carried by ranged. 6 million in AH and gear from many others and carry in act 2 makes a HUGE DIF from trying to go and solo it all.

legendary and set pieces are fine just find the right stats on them ya.

Getting to the point where you have this much life steal again is weeks of farming, millions in AH or carry by others.

Melee will be fine in the end with the gear maybe even better when we get the uber gear. its just shitty that ranged and op wizards can ignore all of it and go nuts and clear all acts.

They posted no big changes for melee for a long time by the way only a small fix to monks. aka nerf

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:02 am
If ya cant run with the big dogs stay on the porch.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:05 am
User avatarPosts: 7292Location: Mom's CouchJoined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:23 pm
Inferno 4 WD advice: There are 2 main WD builds, Bearacide and 4x CC.

Using Bearacide a WD killed inferno Butcher in 9 seconds, but for most other things it's an almost non-viable build.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/ ... 188?page=1

This 4xCC build has been growing on me.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/w ... WZV!aaZbaa

All the damage is done with darts and the fact that 1/4 of the time mobs are confused and beating on eachother. And inferno mobs beat on eachother HARD. :D

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:20 am
Posts: 1866Location: MountainsJoined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:30 pm
Revenant wrote:
. And inferno mobs beat on eachother HARD. :D

That's what she said

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:12 am
User avatarPosts: 1024Location: Holden, MAJoined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:49 am
i still dont see why people are complaining so much and re rolling from barb. im in hell mode and i understand i shouldnt have to kite to let my health regen, but if youre not an idiot and go with defensive skills or healing skills, its a cake walk

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:19 am
User avatarPosts: 2768Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:23 pm
there really is a huge difference between hell and act 1, and act 1 to 2 in inferno. you wont know until there

I (le)terally just ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)-ed (f) [11]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:53 am
User avatarPosts: 1024Location: Holden, MAJoined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:49 am
not doubting that, but people should have been ready for something like that when they chose melee

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:06 am
User avatarSite AdminPosts: 13565Location: OntarioJoined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:20 am
It's easier to complain then it is to overcome.

It's the difference between men/women and little snots.

Giving life lessons all day today.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:52 am
User avatarPosts: 725Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:40 pm
Forsa wrote:
It's easier to complain then it is to overcome.

It's the difference between men/women and little snots.

Giving life lessons all day today.

Quit complaining about your job :P

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:08 pm
User avatarSite AdminPosts: 13565Location: OntarioJoined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:20 am
I don't complain about my job, I complain about my employer and his stupidity. I like my job, I don't like my boss. And unfortunately in a situation like mine, a new carrier would be stupid.

Read into it how you like, you always do.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:29 pm
The whole game is about gear i can faceroll inferno act 1 act 2 when i first got there it was a 1 shot from any mob.
So for anyone with a brain you think huh maybe i need to change soemthing so you far and buy gear to be able to survive get some all resist gear increase your health and armor and then guess what you can survive.
Short form instead of crying go get some gear ya big pussies.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 196Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:36 am
So much anger in this thread over the last few pages.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:46 pm
HEY JAM! You big pussy.

PUSSY.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:31 pm
Okay....so, having been constrained to playing it only for a couple of hours a night, I finally finished normal and am entering nightmare (level 32).

I'm imagining with all the Inferno talk that people are WAY far ahead.

So, I'm interested in finding out who's willing to share their progress and "social" tag.

Plus, I'm Woefully full on the rares filling my stash.
So, Either I share them with my teen/pre-teen son, AH them, or just sell them.
Any articles on how inflated/worthless AH'ing them is?

--Gris

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:38 pm
User avatarPosts: 14Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 8:46 pm
man this shit sounds exactly like wow hahaha

Offline Profile