<  General  ~  Skyrim

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:04 pm
User avatarPosts: 411Location: WoW Casual FagJoined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:50 pm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:43 am
User avatarPosts: 7155Location: Mom's CouchJoined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:23 pm
People on the skyrim boards keep posting "Skyrim vs. Fallout" and "Davorkin vs. Courier (Fallout hero)" threads. I think it's just sad. They say magic can stop bullets...but it sure doesn't stop my crappy iron arrows.

Also my guy in Fallout could freeze time with VATS and do 5 perfect eye socket shots at a mile away with a sniper rifle meant to penetrate tank armor.

So that's the end of that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:23 pm
Posts: 1866Location: MountainsJoined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:30 pm

I know its not a single person yelling. its just too good

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:55 pm
Posts: 222Location: Houston, TXJoined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:35 pm
Skyrim is amazing.

That is all.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:38 am
ULTRA SKYRIM JOYGASM.

I love skyrim but stopped playing it about 2 months ago because of some seriously henious bugs in the quests. Well, 1.4 is coming shortly and will fix them all. Once again I can explore and adventure without fear of breaking the game. The 2 that stung me I bolded. :D

Quote:
QUEST FIXES

The Unusual Gem inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing "Diplomatic Immunity"
In "Breaching Security", the quest token is no longer required to receive a fortune reading from Olava the Feeble
Fixed issue where Galmar would not complete Joining the Stormcloaks properly if "Season Unending" was an active quest
Fixed issue where starting "Season Unending" after finishing "Joining the Stormcloaks" would prevent "The Jagged Crown" from starting properly.
Fixed issue progressing through "Message to Whiterun" while "Season Unending" was still open would block progression for both quests.
In "Arniel's Endeavor", fixed issue where a quest journal would trigger multiple times
In "Forbidden Legend", the amulet fragment can no longer disappear after player leaves a dungeon without taking it
Fixed rare issue in "Forbidden Legend" where killing Mikrul Gauldurson while sneaking would make his corpse unaccessible
In "The White Phial", the phial can no longer disappear if player leaves dungeon without taking it
"The White Phial" will now start properly if player already has a briar heart in their inventory
Player can no longer get stuck in Misty Grove after completing "A Night to Remember"
Fixed issue where leaving Riften during "A Chance Arrangement" would prevent quest from progressing
In "Darkness Returns", a door in Twilight Sepulcher will properly open if the player leaves the dungeon for an extended period of time before completing the quest
In "Under New Management", if the player leaves the Oculory for an extended period of time after placing the focusing crystal and returns, the quest will proceed correctly
"Onmund's Request" will now start properly if player has already found Enthir's staff before receiving this quest
Fixed instance where Tonilia would stop buying stolen items and also would not give Guild Leader Armor
"Repairing the Phial" will start properly if player already has unmelting snow or mammoth tusk in their inventory
Finding Pantea's Flute before speaking with Pantea no longer prevents her quest from updating
In "The Coming of the Dawn", fixed rare instance where a quest object would spawn incorrectly on the Katariah during Hail Sithis
Fixed rare issue in "The Mind of Madness" where player is unable to equip the Wabbajack
Fixed issue in "Pieces of the Past" where Mehrunes Dagon's Razor will not trigger properly if player leaves the cell for extended period of time before activating it
"Blood's Honor" will start properly if you visited and completed Driftshade and an extended period of time passes before starting the quest.
Fixed rare issue where "Dampened Spirits" would not start properly
Fixed issue where player would be unable to become Thane of Riften if they purchased a home first
Fixed issue where killing guards in Cidhna Mine woud block progression for "No One Escapes Cidhna Mine"
Fixed numerous issues with "Blood on the Ice" not triggering properly
In "Blood on the Ice", Calixto can now be killed if player owns a house in Windhelm
In "The Cure for Madness", killing Cicero then resurrecting him no longer impedes quest progress
Fixed rare issue in "To Kill an Empire" where an NPC would fail to die properly
Clearing Knifepoint Ridge before starting "Boethiah's Champion" no longer prevents quest from starting.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:45 pm
So grampaglem got me to take another look at "Dragon's Dogma". I had dismissed it because it was an RPG from capcom and most jap RPGs recently have been relatively awful. Apparently it's a "Dragon Age" type game that looks more like Skyrim. Also because it's a Jap game it's 3rd person only because they can't handle 1st person games (everyone in Japan hates 1st person for some reason).

This trailer is pretty bitchen' and makes me want to get it, but since Capcom's RPG releases in the last few years looked good but where terribad, I may wait for reviews...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:33 pm
I enjoyed this epic Skyrim battle. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:35 pm
Also randomly "Kingdoms of Amalur" is pretty fun. It's a SUPER GENERIC hack and slash PRG, but it's VAST and has a really fun combat system. Anyone who has finished Skyrim and is super bored waiting for Diablo should check it out.

It's supposedly 200+ hours to finish every quest and none of them are "bring me 10 bear assholes".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:33 am
Posts: 222Location: Houston, TXJoined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:35 pm
Complete

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:34 pm
User avatarPosts: 3024Location: Winnipeg.MBJoined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:54 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 159Location: Union County, TNJoined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:32 pm
ive got it sitting here infront of my xbox and still yet to play it lol

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:16 pm
first DLC expansion is... Vampires. Meh!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:52 am
User avatarPosts: 411Location: WoW Casual FagJoined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:50 pm
meanwhile in PC skyrim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:02 pm
User avatarPosts: 3024Location: Winnipeg.MBJoined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:54 pm
They know what makes people want to play ? lol /facepalm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:55 pm
Just a warning:

Dawnguard makes armies of vampires attack any town you are in and PERMANENTLY depopulate them of anything buy generic guards.

I went to Solitude and suddently I got 10 "QUEST FAILED!" warnings. Turns out a vampire lord and minions had pretty much killed the entire town at the front gate while I was in the back turning in a quest.

BAH!

So I'm uninstalling it till I'm done with EVERYTHING else. :D