<  General  ~  Walking dead mid seasons final

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:08 pm
Posts: 1866Location: MountainsJoined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:30 pm
Thoughts? I fucking loved this episode and Sophia was such a shocker but I kinda saw it coming.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:10 pm
User avatarPosts: 3024Location: Winnipeg.MBJoined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:54 pm
Reciperarro wrote:
Thoughts? I fucking loved this episode and Sophia was such a shocker but I kinda saw it coming.

... meh at best.

No zombies got fed and no real danger just a firing line to kill a few zombies. To much drama needs more zombie crazy action.

ask rev to give run down of what it should be or go read comic ! : O

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:48 am
Posts: 1866Location: MountainsJoined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:30 pm
I like the whole plot of the story. Thats what makes this show so popular. Ya sure would be awesome to mow some zombies down but idk this show is amazing

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:42 am
Reciperarro wrote:
I like the whole plot of the story. Thats what makes this show so popular. Ya sure would be awesome to mow some zombies down but idk this show is amazing

Its ok don't get me wrong ill still watch it but just not as good as it could be. Also when they say lets stick on a farm for a bit and limit the amount of zombies cause there expensive meh : / Makes me sad

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:23 pm
User avatarPosts: 7155Location: Mom's CouchJoined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:23 pm
If not constant danger, a zombie show/movie should have constant dread at least. The farm has been constant boring. In the comics they were only at the farm for 4 comics and more action happened during that time. It just seems like a way for the show to lower their budget.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:01 pm
I disagree Rev.

Part of the problem with the cityscapes and the running is that it takes time to establish suspense. That time takes away from Character Development. I've enjoyed the farm because it was less "OMG OMG, ZOMBIES!!!!!" but I know that the OMG OMG Zombies is coming. Think of it more of the calm before the storm. Yeah, there is too much dramatic tension, but You have to establish this in a series in order to keep it on the air. Otherwise people will feel you've jumped the shark and its all downhill from there.

Couple of things:
We have PLENTY of constant danger coming.....If we use the Comics as a guide, that means we still have the

VERY MINOR SPOILERS (esp if you read the comics)

Prison and the Dictatorship(s)

END VERY MINOR SPOILERS

still coming. So, I don't think its them lowering the budget. I think its them making you give a shit about the characters. Exposition in comics is easier when you can push LOTS of character development in 3 or 4 panels. instead here, we have to get it in "real-time".

A few things I suspect we're going to see.

Shane vs. Rick on the farm. Rick's going to get the group to leave b/c of Shane's betrayal (even tho it was right).

We'll lose a couple of people. (Carol and Daryl will both probably leave...Carol b/c of Sophie and Daryl b/c we have to see wtf is going on with Merle and his time alone foreshadowed his departure).

And we'll gain Maggie, b/c I don't think Glenn is going to leave...no matter what the comics say--People relate to his character. Hershel will likely stay on the farm and mourn...which is why I think Carol will stay with him.

TO respond to the "shocker" about Sophia---No, I didn't see it coming.

SPOILERS

Was she even in the wandering horde that Glenn horrifically backed away from two episodes ago? I didn't even think to look. I had half hoped that Sophie was with Merle being transformed into Wonder Girl...or at least the BAD-ASS pragmatist that Carl should ALREADY be becoming.

I will say that what happened at the end HAD to happen. It shows Rick as a leader, and Shane as a strong-arming scared little boy. Pragmatist or not. If Shane can't back up his rhetoric with action, even in the face of zombie-child....he's not the leader of the group.

--Gris.

P.S. WTF did Dr. Jenner whisper to Rick in last season's finale episode?
I'm still waiting. Its not about Lori/Shane.....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:10 pm
Grisly wrote:
TO respond to the "shocker" about Sophia---No, I didn't see it coming.

Neither did I since she's still alive in the comics which are at like issue 96 now. Which is crazy since of the original survivors there's only 5 left (her being one). Not to mention that they have lost about 30 other characters in 90 issues that they picked up and then got eaten/shot over time.

Also the show switched producers (bitterly) between seasons so we may never know what the doctor whispered.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:30 pm
User avatarPosts: 411Location: WoW Casual FagJoined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:50 pm
shane's the only one with a brain in the group. It's too bad the show is making him look like he's going mad and craaaaazy in order for him justified to be killed.

Daryl needs a bathscene in slow-mo and High def.

Not really surprise about sophia being dead but I was hoping she was with the other survivor group in the prison.

Also Glenn with his portal reference, trading hat with the dale. He must be secretly endorsing Valve Games (tf2, l4d)

Rick is a mary sue moral faggot. Wish all of the retard people died except for glenn, daryl and shane.

why is t-dawg useless?

who's going to portray the the governor?

and that glorious glorious rape scene.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:40 pm
rasetsu wrote:
Rick is a mary sue moral faggot. Wish all of the retard people died except for glenn, daryl and shane.

and that glorious glorious rape scene.

Yeah, in the comics at least Glenn, Andrea and Michonne are the ultimate survivors and Rick is a mary sue with plot armor.

In the TV show though, Daryl is apparently a walking advertisement for White Power since he's part of some forgotten race that is superior to all the others. He's the ultimate survivor. Even his hallucinations help out.

And yeah on the superrape scene "Your raping only makes me angrier!"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:56 pm
I'm curious....why is Rick a Mary Sue?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:56 am
User avatarPosts: 3330Location: Guayaquil, EcuadorJoined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:05 pm
I am sure Merle will be the governor, it must be

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:27 am
User avatarPosts: 725Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:40 pm
There does not need to be zombie mowing down to be exciting. However for only having 13 episodes this season... this has been more of a drama with zombie sprinkles than a zombie series sprinkled with drama.

High school of the dead (anime) while being heavy handed with fan service is a better zombie show than this.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:25 am
User avatarPosts: 2768Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:23 pm
That is what I notice from it Lost, there's so so so much drama and for being a zombie themed show, not enough zombies for my liking. Granted, I do enjoy quite a lot of zombies, meeting me halfway wouldn't be hard and yet this show hasn't done it yet.

I (le)terally just ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)-ed (f) [11]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:05 am
L.O.S.T.S.H.A.R.D wrote:
There does not need to be zombie mowing down to be exciting. However for only having 13 episodes this season... this has been more of a drama with zombie sprinkles than a zombie series sprinkled with drama.

High school of the dead (anime) while being heavy handed with fan service is a better zombie show than this.

Ya that is how i feel in the end lol but i do need me the zombie mow downs : O

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:44 pm
Posts: 519Location: Macomb Twp, MichiganJoined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:22 am
I do admit that the past few episodes have been anti-climatic, but it's better than season 1's six episodes...

Offline Profile