<  Recruitment  ~  Akasagi--Holy priest w/ shadow duel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:33 pm
Posts: 46Location: AlaskaJoined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:09 pm
Hi, I'm Akasagi. I'm interested in joining your guild because:
1. Some successful pugs of mine have been with your members.
2. I feel I'm about ready to move on to a regular raiding guild, and I'm looking for a guild a little higher than Naxx.

Linkage: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Akasagi

I'm not necessarily geared to my teeth, which is why you'll be surprised if you give me a chance to group. I heal well. (I primarily heal. I do tank and raid healing with a specialty on raid heals.)

I live in Alaska. I'm a college student. I have great connection. I am longtime girlfriend of applicant Darkleader.

Raid experience: Karazhan, Gruul's, Naxx 10/25, OS 10/25. (Should I even mention VoA?) I aim to raid and progress weekly.

Critique me. I could use some learnin'. Geedorah approved.

P.S. I chant/tailor.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:58 am
User avatarPosts: 146Location: AlaskaJoined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:34 am
Alaskan=auto-awesome

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:34 am
Ah. I forgot to mention that my shadow spec is kind of whimsical WG-wall spec, atm. I really wanted to stand on walls and kill inc. ally.

Yeah. Alaska's pretty sweet.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:23 am
User avatarPosts: 3330Location: Guayaquil, EcuadorJoined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:05 pm
Hello

from which guild you come? Why aré you leaving them?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:58 pm
Just a tip, in the holy tree, Surge of light it's a most, usually you are going to get a free Flash Heal every time you use circle of healing or prayer of healing, and no casting time or mana used it's a blessing for priest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 17Location: AlaskaJoined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:09 pm
Calord wrote:
Hello

from which guild you come? Why aré you leaving them?

She's coming from the same guild I am, which is one we both made together just for a name.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:11 pm
Not entirely true.
I could put down some BC guild history, but it's not really relevant, other than that I was in various mid-raiding guilds. Group, progress, recruit, too much push for progress/people-->disband-->find new guild.

Lich King guild history isn't so big. I was in Alaskan Squid Riders for a while, which is really just a bank with a subtitle under your name. I raided with Holy Crit members for a while, and then joined the guild for a few weeks. Unfortunately, most of the guild disbanded, so I decided it was time to seriously look for a guild. People in Holy Crit (or that were) that can vouch for my heals: Reganald/Shadera/Silukan, Brayvia, Auada.

You've opened my eyes to the mentioned talent spec. I'll adjust accordingly. It makes sense to my playing style greatly.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:33 pm
Suinibus wrote:
Just a tip, in the holy tree, Surge of light it's a most, usually you are going to get a free Flash Heal every time you use circle of healing or prayer of healing, and no casting time or mana used it's a blessing for priest

Haven't respecced yet, but take a look at this: http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xm ... 0000000000

It's still different from what you have, Suinibus, but I did include surge of light. I was really reluctant to give up Test of Faith. The loss of 12% for people under 50% makes me feel pretty sketchy about whether I'm cool enough to still spam heal after people drop drastically and successfully keep them alive. >< If it's not as important as it seems, I can always put the extra point in 2/3 inspiration.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:42 am
You are totally rigth, Inspiration sucks if we are at raid healing, 3 talent points wasted, and Test of faith it's a most for many of the Ulduar fights if not for all of them. But i can't have it or Frac would QQ about not being in top of Healing meters; the true is that usually we don't have a shamy healing and those 6k+ armor buff for a tank can help a little with the mitigation.
My build it's 0 mana efficient because
I always have a druid
by my side
holding my hand
and inervating me in every fight.
And with the patch i think they are changing the armor for damage reduction buff, had to tested. =)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:46 pm
I try to keep some mana regen going up. I was in a group with a disc priest the other day. His tank went down, and we all followed. (I was popping lots of heals on the tank/ot, but still had to raid heal.) He said he ran out of mana. /cry.

So I should get inspiration and desperately try to keep mana up? >< Or Test of Faith..but no ToF. Bleh. Haven't respecced yet, though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:19 pm
User avatarSite AdminPosts: 2870Location: Toronto, OntarioJoined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:49 pm
I haven't read anything but the last one. I have nothing really to add beyond:

I have full inspiration, and am pretty much never oom.

If you're tank healing, I think inspiration is a must. +25% armor is nice, and I find it's pretty much up nearly 100% of the time.

Ithilas (Undead Mage) - 80
Offline Profile