<  Recruitment  ~  Corgriss Fury Warrior retard app

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:03 pm
Hey, I'm corgriss. In college, blah blah, work in a research lab whoopie nobody cares, Main spec fury, off spec prot, good deeps, shit tank, blah blah, if you're interested,
pugchecker
http://www.pugchecker.com/index.php?nam ... Draenor-US
wowheroes
http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us ... e=Corgriss
be.imba.hu
http://be.imba.hu/?zone=US&realm=Draeno ... r=Corgriss
I'm pushing 4.5k dps, but I have a lot of RL restraints on raid times. Not sure when you guys raid but it looks like you are a casual guild that doesn't totally blow. I'm interested. Let me know what you all think. I have an app up with SoP, but I don't see it getting very far. I don't take the game very serious most of the time but in a raid I tend to just stay quiet and get the job done. I've raided with Mimzy, Darkleader, Revenant once I think, and a few others.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:26 am
User avatarPosts: 2271Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:51 pm
you know, I can see you are trying to play the game, but you don't have to roll dice in dodgeball.

You intrigue me.

What kind of research lab.

edit: dicks

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:31 am
Well, assuming I'm not going to get Rickrolled, its a biophysics lab. I basically take x-ray crystalography samples and do a whole bunch of numerical analyses on them. I've also gotten to push buttons on an x-ray synchotron. My testicles, somehow, grew larger with each button press. Basically, we take a muscle sample, nuke it, and integrate the light intensity of the beam that passes through it. Now can I raid with you guys yet?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:34 am
based on the fact that your last post has me now reading peer reviewed journals...

id say you're in

only trouble is i dont play and wouldnt have any control over ginvites anyways.

tell me more about your research, and yes, im serious

edit: whats the structure of the muscles you look at?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:33 am
Chronofx wrote:
based on the fact that your last post has me now reading peer reviewed journals...

id say you're in

only trouble is i dont play and wouldnt have any control over ginvites anyways.

tell me more about your research, and yes, im serious

edit: whats the structure of the muscles you look at?

Well, last year we did a lot of work with equatorial cardiac muscle (thats just a fancy word for the stripies go left right not up down), but results were inconclusive for a variety of reasons. One of them was probably letting me calibrate a synchotron, another one was probably that we had no baseline data. This year, we are using sartorial muscle (the little stringy bit that makes frogs jump gud) since it is thinner and stretchy. What we do is, we bombard the sample with xray beams, not sure how that voodoo works just yet, but hey I'm still a noob, and it produces these images. Basically its something like this

o /
O /
C/
O
o

The most important thing is the first two circles. This is where the majority of the myosin heads are making contact with actin filament. We can then use a program (fit2d) to get a graph of the average light intensity. This tells us the density of the muscle at a given point. We can integrate that to get the total light intensity, which is the actual important number. This is done a variety of ways, but I like to do it the easy way, which is apparently the hard way for most people. We use a second program (fityk) to estimate the number (sigma=.00005 or less). Then some pharmaceutical company buys all the data and is using it to cure muscular dystrophy. Over the summer, I did that for about 10-13 hours a day.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:41 am
Damn thats having fun!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am
User avatarPosts: 1025Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:20 pm
you can find me, in the V I P.

Terryshivo, find me and we will do some runs and talk about the finer workings of the body, and invite you

"Hi, can we skip the pleasantries and go straight to the part where you call me Captain Kirk and give me a handjob in the back of my car?"

www.tuckermax.com
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:10 am
Posts: 4707Location: Reno, NVJoined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:08 pm
Odd, there's actually a real world purpose for calculus? Who would have guessed.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:35 pm
User avatarPosts: 14043Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:20 pm
way too many nerds in this guild

denied by naturally

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:35 pm
User avatarPosts: 14043Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:20 pm
is it too late to deny chronofx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:37 pm
User avatarSite AdminPosts: 13491Location: OntarioJoined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:20 am
We've been denying him for years.

And admit it, you're just afraid that someone more handsome and successful and smarter then yourself may come aboard.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:46 pm
Posts: 4707Location: Reno, NVJoined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:08 pm
I find it odd that you would think we only care about wow. I think one of the great qualities of this guild is that most of us are friends, we joke around and what not, and generally care about the other people in the guild. I've played in true raiding guilds before, and all anyone ever talked about was loot, gear, how to improve their DPS... blah, blah, blah. it kind of made me sick. <end mini-rant>

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:49 pm
zakilu wrote:
I find it odd that you would think we only care about wow. I think one of the great qualities of this guild is that most of us are friends, we joke around and what not, and generally care about the other people in the guild. I've played in true raiding guilds before, and all anyone ever talked about was loot, gear, how to improve their DPS... blah, blah, blah. it kind of made me sick. <end mini-rant>

who are you talking to??!

corgriss, answer the next section carefully as it is the most important questions you will ever see ever anywhere in your life

QUESTION 1::

"if i have machine time schedualled all day in the lab and no meetings, before I come into school/work I...

A. get extra focused because data collection is very important
B. wake and bake because data collection is boring as fuck

QUESTION 2::

"if my acquistion time is over 10 minutes long I...
A. Read journal papers while waiting for the collection to finish
B. Go outside and eye-rape the 18 year old freshman biddies walking across campus

QUESTION 3::
"when jerking off in the student union...
A. I lube my balls with duck sauce for extra comfort

Last edited by Chronofx on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:51 pm
User avatarPosts: 3330Location: Guayaquil, EcuadorJoined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:05 pm
I am the most intelligent here dammit, I am the only one with a masters degree!!

bow to me nao

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:00 pm
User avatarSite AdminPosts: 13491Location: OntarioJoined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:20 am
I think Zak's drinking at work, or the worms are telling him what to do again...

Offline Profile